Easy Recipes Using Heritage Products PLUS We Got A Gift from Heritage!
Cooking has always been my passion and as a full-time housewife, that is definitely an advantage. My mother has taught me everything I know about cooking and it is a passion we also shared. When she passed away, her teachings and recipes got me by.
I am always keen on adding twists to common dishes so I could make it appealing to my family. Heritage is one of the brands I mostly use to add twists to my favorite dishes and I will now be sharing with you recipes with Heritage products that are delicious, kid-approved, and yummy!
Embutido with Heritage Dried Cranberries
The staple Filipino food Embutido is one of my kids’ favorites. This may be likened to what other cultures note as meat loaf. For this, I looked up a recipe embutido and tweaked the ingredients and proportions to my liking. In this recipe, I used the one from the every so popular Panlasang Pinoy.
Here is my take on their recipe:
- 2 lbs. ground pork
- 6 pcs hotdogs, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- ½ cup sweet pickle relish
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 2 raw eggs
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, minced
- 1½ cup HERITAGE dried cranberries
- 1 cup carrots, minced
- 1 cup onion, minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- Place the ground pork in a large container
- Add the bread crumbs then break the raw eggs and add it in. Mix well
- Put-in the carrots, bell pepper (red and green), onion, pickle relish, and cheddar cheese. Mix thoroughly
- Add the HERITAGE dried cranberries, tomato sauce, salt, and pepper then mix well.
- Place the meat mixture in an aluminum foil and flatten it. (see video for guidance)
- Put in the sliced vienna sausage and sliced boiled eggs alternately on the middle of the flat meat mixture.
- Roll the foil to form a cylinder — locking the sausage and egg in the middle if the meat mixture. Once done, lock the edges of the foil.
- Place in a steamer and let cook for 1 hour.
- Place inside the refrigerator until temperature turns cold
- Slice and serve. OR slice, fry, and serve!
Here is the HERITAGE dried cranberries on top of the Embutido mixture
Here they are wrapped in foil and ready for steaming
Some people prefer to have their Embutido sliced directly from the fridge and that works well too!
Next up is a dessert snack perfect for parties and even for your kids’ baon!
Chocolate Covered Breadsticks with Crushed Heritage Almonds
My kids love Pepero but they really are expensive and we cannot afford to have it as their recess everyday and whenever their cravings start. So I decided to make my own version of Pepero.
For this one I just need three ingredients, Heritage Whole Almonds, Melted Chocolate, and Breadsticks. You can make your own breadsticks but I had a store-bought one as it is quicker to acquire.
First, I placed the Heritage Whole Almonds in a food processor and processed it enough just to have small chunks.
Then I dipped the breadsticks in chocolate up to about 3/4 of the breadsticks. Then I sprinkled crushed almonds on the breadsticks.
Place the breadsticks on a plate or tray and put inside the refrigerator. Wait for the chocolate to harden and you now have your own dessert! Quite easy!
Now onto the prize I got from Heritage Philippines from a promo they had on their facebook page…
Christmas is truly in the air and we want to celebrate it with you early through a special contest! Join the Heritage…
I received the following goodies from Heritage Philippines and I could not be more happy! They all are very useful for me. If you want to win goodies like this, be sure to Like Heritage Philippines on their Facebook page here and watch out for giveaways and promos!